Simply put, for the most part, they are thriving. Growth rate has accelerated. One interesting observation is that lower foliage on some is very darkly colored - nearly green/black. I noticed this last year on the peppers and eggplant, and suspect it is related to the high nitrogen content of the prepared bales - it does abate with time. The other major task done this week was making the second tie to the stakes - the plants are (except for the shorter, recently replaced ones) very secure and will grow upright, rather than flop. Dwarfs, being slower growing and with a more stout central stem, need far less frequent tying than indeterminate types.
The following are the ones that have been replaced due to early struggles - Yukon Quest, Sleeping Lady, Dwarf Scarlet Heart, Rosella Purple, Dwarf Mr. Snow, one of the Sweet Adelaides, and Wherokowhai. Interestingly, I broke the top off of each, potted them up, and they are all thriving (rooting in damp mix in my "veggie plant hospital" under the shop lights in my garage).
Rather than list all of the data I collected, this should make my point. The week 1 measurement showed an average height gain of 1.5 inches, with 11 gaining 2 inches, and 13 gaining an inch (the two most frequent height gains). The week 2 measurements showed an average height gain of 3.5 inches (!!), with 10 gaining 4 inches, and 7 gaining 3 inches - 6 of the varieties actually advanced 5 to 6 inches.
The shortest Dwarf varieties (that were not replaced/replanted along the way) are Sean's Yellow Dwarf (8 inches), Dwarf Purple Heart (9 inches), and Summer Sunrise (9 inches). The tallest are Dwarf Pink Passion (16 inches), Dwarf Kelly Green (14 inches), and Dwarf Emerald Giant (14 inches), with many at 13 inches.
And now for an assortment of pictures. I won't focus on specific varieties yet, but most are showing buds of some size or another...and a few have nearly open flowers!