I also pounded 38 of those plastic coated, metal core 6 foot stakes into the ground behind each dwarf tomato and made the first tie using sisal twine. Before I did that, however, a few of the dwarf tomatoes appeared to be suffering. Whether insect/critter, wind or plant health related, it was clear that replacements were needed now. I managed to "save" each of the removed plants - the stem was severed near the soil line (in a few cases, they already were - hence wind or critter) - the tops of the plants are re-rooting in my garage under the shop lights.
As for specific varieties, here are the eggplants that found their way into grow bags today: Midnight Lightning, Twilight Lightning, Skinny Twilight (all my own selections from the hybrid Orient Express), two different looking Green Ghost (different colored leaf veins), Mardi Gras (both of these selections from a Casper cross), Prosperosa, Rosa Bianca, Rosita, Antigua, New York Improved and Listada di Gandia....I focused on the larger, tear drop or nearly round shapes for our favorite cooking uses.
The dwarfs that were replaced: Wherokowhai, Dwarf Mr. Snow, Rosella Crimson, Sleeping Lady and Yukon Quest. I also picked out back ups for a few that haven't "caught on" to their new bale home quite yet - Summer Sunrise, a final, tiny Summertime Green, and Sean's Yellow Dwarf. All of the other bale planted dwarfs look great and seem to be kicking into high gear.
Pictures of the my driveway garden below:
top - half of driveway with rearranged seedlings, other half showing staged eggplant bags, and the planted eggplant bags
bottom - closer look at the just planted eggplant, and a curiosity that always amazes me - the few chartreuse leaf mutations I always find when growing out Mullens Mortgage Lifter.