So I took stock of what I did - walked about with my hand held recorder, noted colors and shapes of lettuce and whether they are bolting or holding; noted the positions of all tomatoes, and updated my Excel grow log. After the weekly lunch-with-best-friends, I decided it was time to get out the ladder and hammer and 8 foot stakes and get that particularly unpleasant task out of the way. (A tomato friend got to see me in action - hope those plants do well for you, Brandon!). So, with nearly 40 stakes in place, I started to tie the indeterminate tomatoes to the stakes...but ran out of gas part way through.
So - the task of buying more planting medium and finishing off planting eggplant and peppers falls to tomorrow and Friday, if necessary. The frequent rain storms means a delay to digging the basil and bean rows - perhaps Friday or the weekend for those particular tasks.
I am pondering the first video garden tour of the season, since - finally - there is quite a bit to look at and describe. Stay tuned for that - maybe once the peppers and eggplant are planted and the driveway garden nears completion.
Feels like a good night for a pint of something cold!