My idea for this actually came over the past few seasons, when I've noticed that the seedlings seem to develop a bit faster (true leaves get larger) prior to separation - of course, this is because once separated, the seedlings then have to adjust to their new environment, which takes longer when they are smaller (less developed root systems). If this works as well as I expect, my seedlings will be larger, sooner.
Everything looks great at this point as we head out to Virginia for a book related event - off tomorrow, back on Saturday - and then I get down to some serious transplanting, filling the driveway in preparation for our seedling sales (which should begin in mid-April).
There are no changes to the lists....and germination of the vast majority of tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and ground cherries seems excellent.
Actually I did get some transplanting done yesterday - all beets are in individual cells, as is swiss chard and leeks. Basil, Red Russian Kale, Collards, arugula and lettuce are in 3.5 inch pots containing from 6-9 plants. Things are progressing well....now let's just hope for some mild evenings (and no frost!).