So - it's been a very busy past few days in the garden. In the main plot, everything except a front row of dwarf tomatoes is planted. Earlier this week, I finished the bush beans (four varieties - half rows of each), squash (three varieties, 2 hills of each), and cukes (three varieties, one hill of each). Sue and I also weeded the lettuce and greens/beets rows (much more fun and quicker to do together). We noticed a few of our lettuce varieties are bolting - the European leaf types (Dalgali, Australian Yellow Leaf) - no worries, we just pulled the plants and replaced them with beets! Radishes are now done (they were growing in big pots in our driveway).
As for the driveway garden....there are now 23 large (10 gal minimum) pots with indeterminate tomatoes - and in between, as of an hour ago, 23 Dwarf tomatoes in 5 gallon grow bags. I am pleased to have gotten so many tomatoes in nearly a month earlier than last year.
Next tasks: stake the indeterminate tomatoes, bleach more pots (5 gallon) and plant more indeterminate tomatoes in the center of the driveway for severe pruning (will grow on a short take and prune to one stem, two blossom clusters, then top). After that, bleach more grow bags and plant the rest of the Dwarfs. Then will come the sweet peppers, then eggplant, then hot peppers.
Once all of that is done I will switch in to maintenance, care and data monitoring mode. Expect lots of pictorial and video updates throughout the season.
As for the seedlings: there are still PLENTY left. Since I am NOT going to the Farmer's Market any more, please email me to set up a time to come and get some - we are talking 2.00 per plant at this point. I expect we will have seedlings for two more weeks - then that will be that.