That warm day was really quite a tease...right now I am about to dig back in to my book and it is gray, and chilly, and breezy and misty - just not a very nice nearly-spring day. All of this cool weather is making me chomp at the bit to get to transplanting seedlings, but with no greenhouse and a dependency on avoiding frosts, I still have to wait a few days.
And so - the mid April target for first seedling availability still holds. As far as germination success overall, it was quite good - and (no surprise), Mexico Midget is the major issue, with very poor germination. I am going to try again, but if indeed I do have a supply of Mexico Midget for this coming season, they will probably not be available until early May.
See - I said it would be brief! Life is pretty much writing and, soon, transplanting.